audiolab 8000p mono

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
HI, iv'e just bought a second audiolab 8000p,both of which are early grey ones. Now having no manual i'm having trouble wiring the speakers, the preamp has 2 outputs so no trouble there.. but the only way i can see is take + from one channel and - from the other channel to the speakers??? this is how it works with car amps but dont want to blow amps or speakers .

oh yeh tried audiolab site and google but no luck with the early power amps which have a different rear pannel configeration from latter power amps ....

any ideas
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

So what have you actually bought, a single 8000p unit or a pair of 8000 mono blocks?

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
i,ve added a second 8000p to already owned 8000c and 8000p... So i now have 1 8000c and 2 8000p's.....which i want to run as monos

sorry just read my first post and it is verry confussing ...

A

Anonymous

Ok sorry the mono threw me.

So now you have 2 x 8000p's i assume you wish to bi-amp?

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes if thats what its called (bi-amp) which if my speakers were bi-wireable it wouldnt be a problem, but they arnt saddly (kef 104/2) 4 speaker terminals on both poweramps and only 2 speaker terminals,if you get my problem ????

A

Anonymous

Sorry not familiar with your speakers, by 2 terminals on the speakers do you mean 1 pair?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Just read through your post again and now understand what you mean, you wish to run the pair of 8000P's as a pair of monoblocs.

Now while i'm sure this is possible i'm not quite sure how to achieve it with only one set of terminals on your speakers. Maybe Mr E can help you??

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts