Audiolab 8000CD conect to Cambridge Audio DAC Magic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:)
smiley-cool.gif

I have an Audiolab 800CD which I would like to connect to my Cambridge Audio Azur DAC Magic. The output from the 8000 is via a BNC 75ohm socket and the Cambridge Audio has Toslink optical and SPDIF coaxial inputs.

My idea would be to use a BNC plug to BNC plug 75ohm coax cable which I would connect into a BNC female to RCA male 75ohm adaptor. This would then be plugged into an RCA coax input convertor to optical output. A Toslink optical cable would then connect the the convertor into the Cambridge DAC.

Would this rather complicated setup work for me?

A

Anonymous

The Audiolab 8000CD has a coaxial output only - no optical and this is via a 75ohm BNC socket, hence the BNC to RCA adaptor and the convertor.

Any suggestions?

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I read that wrong , I thought you said it was a 8200CD. Ok I hope this is not an equally stupid question but could you go straight from BNC to coax on one cable to save on the optical pass?

I just looked up the 8000CD and it seems to have both optical and coax outputs, is it an older version or are the connections in use/broken?

8000cdrearlrg.jpg

A

Anonymous

My Audiolab 8000CD is the older version with a coaxial output only witha gold plated BNC socket. The Cambridge Audio DAC Magic has S/P Dif Co-axial inputs which I thought would not accept BNC plug. Also I cannot find a BNC Plug to S/P Dif plug cable. Is it possible to change the BNC plug to S/P Dif at one end of the cable? If so that would solve the problemn and I would have a coax connection.

Thank you both for all your much appreciated help.

A

Anonymous

I have managed to eliminate one item in my complicated chain of connections. I can get a 1 metre coaxial cable - BNC socket to a gold RCA digital plug 75ohm screened. I cannot find an adaptor from digital coax RCA phono to S/P Dif which leaves me still with the convertor - digital Coax RCA phono female to Toslink optical output then toslink in to DAC.

Pink Triangle Anniversary, SME V, Lyra Kleos cartridge, Origin Live Ultra power supply, Quad CDP2 CD player, Audiolab M-DAC, Quad 99 pre-amp, Quad 909 power amp, Proac Response 1SC speakers, Rega 78 turntable, Nakamichi DR2 cassette deck. Other system Quad 44. Quad 606, Audiolab 8000CD, Quad 11L speakers. Cambridge Audio Azur DAC Magic.

A

Anonymous

I have managed to eliminate one item from my complicated connection chain. The BNC to RCA digital adaptor would not be required as I can get a BNC plug with 75ohm screened coaxial to gold RCA digital phono. I cannot find a coax adaptor for RCA digital to S/P Dif which stilll leaves me with the convertor which is RCA digital Coax in and Toslink optical out then Toslink into DAC. Would this be a possible solution.

DAC/CDs Audiolab M-DAC, Quad CDP2, Audiolab 8000CD, Cambridge Audio Azur DAC Magic.

A

Anonymous

I have managed to eliminate one item from my complicated connection chain. The BNC to RCA digital adaptor would not be required as I can get a BNC plug with 75ohm screened coaxial to gold RCA digital phono. I cannot find a coax adaptor for RCA digital to S/P Dif which stilll leaves me with the convertor which is RCA digital Coax in and Toslink optical out then Toslink into DAC. Would this be a possible solution.

DAC/CDs Audiolab M-DAC, Quad CDP2, Audiolab 8000CD, Cambridge Audio Azur DAC Magic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts