AUDIOLAB 8000AV & 8000X7 HOME CINEMA PRE & 7 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER COMBO (SILVER)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hyper-Fi are selling this for £999 - a saving of £1,500 on the RRP!

audiolab-8000av-x7-combo-silver.jpg

A

Anonymous

i waas looking at this myself, but may not get the chance to hear it, was thinking of adding the 8000 cd as well at around £500, its not wise to not try before you buy,,, but im very tempted!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I tested this combination a while back for Gramophone, and while it's no match for the old Tag McLaren Audio AV32DP/100x5R:10 system I run at home, it's still a highly competitive package - especially at that discounted price - provided you don't want all the frills.

The sound is extremely good, but you do have to do without modern niceties such as automatic set-up, HDMI switching, video scaling and of course any compatibility with the new HD sound formats on HD DVD and Blu-ray.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help Andrew! HD sound was something i hadn't took into consideration, all the other short falls i could deal with.

I feel AV is just as important to me as music is, so it is so tough to figure out how much to spend and how to do it to completely satisfy myself, i was thinking this was going to be a vallid option.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you want the full shebang for a grand, I reckon you could do a lot worse than the new Onkyo TX-SR875.

Not sure what the review team have made of it - there's a first test in the September issue, on sale July 26 - but I've been playing with one at home for a couple of weeks now, and it seems to have the makings of a stormer.

It has bags of power, all the futureproofing you could want, excellent video processing as far as I can see and manages to sound truly musical as well as being able to belt out movie surround tracks while hardly breaking a sweat. I even tried it with a turntable yesterday afternoon, and was pleasantly surprised.

At the moment it's slotted into my reference system - Naim DVD5, Sky HD, PMC OB1/CB6/GB1/TLE1 and Fujitsu 50in plasma - and it's by no means outclassed.

Might well be worth a try, IMHO...

A

Anonymous

Thanks, ill keep that in mind,,, but how much we talking here?? have a look at my question in the A/V section, that will give you an idea on what im after!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts