• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Audio technica

Quietlife

Mar 8, 2021
Hi. I recently bought an Audio technica lp120xusb turntable and am enjoying the experience. I want to add a CD player with amp.
Any suggestions?

Quietlife

Mar 8, 2021
As a 55year old novice I am new to this.
I just have the turntable connected to Edifier r1280 speakers.
So I am looking for an amplifier with a cd player.
Budget up to £400
Thanks

Quietlife

Mar 8, 2021
I was hoping there was an amplifier with a built in cd player. I have seen Denon and Manantz versions.
What to passive speakers do?

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
Why not connect a CD player to your Edifier speakers?
Or is your idea to get a better quality amplifier?

An external amplifier would not be compatible with your current speakers - that's why Al mentioned passive speakers above.
Passive speakers are standard speakers that need an amplifier to drive them.
(The don't have their own built-in amplifier like your Edifiers).

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
whats your thoughts on a brennan b2?
It's a neat little unit that's very rarely been discussed on this forum.
It's got the ability to rip CDs (if you need that).
It would also connect to your Edifiiers.

Note that if you've got a DVD player, it would connect to your Edifiers and play CDs.

rainsoothe

Apr 30, 2012
Hi. I recently bought an Audio technica lp120xusb turntable and am enjoying the experience. I want to add a CD player with amp.
Any suggestions?
Hi. Do you have a lot of CDs? Or would you be fine with streaming music off of something like a google Chromecast Audio?
For the record, I'm familiar with the Edifiers, and good as they are for that budget, a budget amp with budget speakers would just outperform them (imo). Also, are the speakers on a desk? And if you would change them, would the new ones sit on the desk as well?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts