luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
it's more about when the turntables were released and made availble to What Hifi for review. Rest assured at the 2016 End of Year awards you can bet your bottom dollar the Rega's will almost sweep the board with the awards in all but the -£1500 and -£5000 levels.

Tony Goode said:
I see that the Audio Technica LP5 is recommended as the best turntable at this price. Does this mean it's considered a better buy than the new Rega Planar 2?

Welcome to the forum.

It is considered the better buy for a number of reasons that might appeal to the new vinyl user, whether they are of any use to you only you can answer.

It is a direct-drive turntable that leaves messing about fitting belts out of the equation, it has a removable headshell for easier cartridge upgrades ( and it sorely needs one by all accounts), it has a built in phono stage for people with amps that are not fitted with an inbuilt one and it has a USB connection.

In my view if you don't need things like an inbuilt phono stage or USB connection then don't pay for them.

You'll also need to spend extra for the optional lid (always a good idea in my opinion).

If you just need a basic turntable then buy just that as the money will have been spent on the bits that matter.

The Rega comes with a lid and a better quality tonearm and, dare I say it, cartridge.

TRENDING THREADS