Audio CD..Fake or Real

poriya

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone...first of all accept me apologize for bad english writing

I recently bought two audio cd from local store ( jennifer lopez and celin dion), and i riped them in FLAC and listen to them by my cowon i9... i have doubt whether they are fake or orginal because of resulution and bass...could anyone help me and give me the email adress so i send a little part of one song in lossless format in order to verify if it's real lossless or nor...

Thank you in advance...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
poriya said:

I recently bought two audio cd from local store ( jennifer lopez and celin dion), and i riped them in FLAC and listen to them by my cowon i9... i have doubt whether they are fake or orginal because of resulution and bass...could anyone help me and give me the email adress so i send a little part of one song in lossless format in order to verify if it's real lossless or nor...

Thank you in advance...

Download Audacity.

Rip a track.

Load into Audacity.

First try "Analyze, find clipping". It will show up as lines.

That proves nothing by the way, but clipping is bad.

Then "Analyze, plot spectrum"

There should be something all the way up to "over" 20 KHz

If it tails off rapidly before 20 KHz then it's likely made from MP3

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I thought this practice had died out in the 1990s, when dodgy market traders stopped selling home-brewed copies of musicassettes with black & white photocopied inlays for £1 a shot. I'm obviously missing how it can be at all financially rewarding to pirate CDs given the expense and effort needed to make them look genuine (pro duplication, labels, booklets, packaging etc).

poriya

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
fr0g said:
poriya said:

Thank you in advance...

Download Audacity.

Rip a track.

Load into Audacity.

First try "Analyze, find clipping". It will show up as lines.

That proves nothing by the way, but clipping is bad.

Then "Analyze, plot spectrum"

There should be something all the way up to "over" 20 KHz

If it tails off rapidly before 20 KHz then it's likely made from MP3

Thank you for helping me,,,Lucky me...these made from Mp3...or poor duplication

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
To be honest I thought this practice had died out in the 1990s, when dodgy market traders stopped selling home-brewed copies of musicassettes with black & white photocopied inlays for £1 a shot. I'm obviously missing how it can be at all financially rewarding to pirate CDs given the expense and effort needed to make them look genuine (pro duplication, labels, booklets, packaging etc).

Them were the days. Finmere market, In Utero (with full colour cover, which may be why it was more than £1), jumpers for goalposts, fields as far as the eye could see...

Nindster

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, the last three CD's that I have bought (2 from Amazon, 1 from my local Sainsburys) were 'fake' and were ripped as MP3 :-(

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Nindster said:
Sadly, the last three CD's that I have bought (2 from Amazon, 1 from my local Sainsburys) were 'fake' and were ripped as MP3 :-(

Are you sure you didn't just rip them to MP3? If the actual CD plays in a normal CD player then it does not contain MP3. Have you actually looked at the files contained on the CD using your computer?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
Nindster said:

Are you sure you didn't just rip them to MP3? If the actual CD plays in a normal CD player then it does not contain MP3. Have you actually looked at the files contained on the CD using your computer?

Yes, I can't believe for a minute that Sainsbury's would have fake CDs on the shelves, it possible through Amazon if you're buying from a 3rd party seller I guess though.

TRENDING THREADS