ATLP5 VS LP 120 USB

Don_Bruery

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting my first turntable and basically i cant decide what TT i want. I have narrowed it down to the ATLP5 or the lp120 with an ortofon red or blue cartridge. Which is going to be a better buy?

Once you add the red or blue cartridge to the lp120 the prices are basically the same so i just want to know whats going to have the better sound quality.

i have already got the amps and speakers and i just need to choose the final piece.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 108165

Don_Bruery said:
Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting my first turntable and basically i cant decide what TT i want. I have narrowed it down to the ATLP5 or the lp120 with an ortofon red or blue cartridge. Which is going to be a better buy?

Once you add the red or blue cartridge to the lp120 the prices are basically the same so i just want to know whats going to have the better sound quality.

i have already got the amps and speakers and i just need to choose the final piece.

Cheers

Performance-wise a Project Debut Carbon or a Rega RP1 will probably trounce both of the Audio Technica tables, (both available at circa £300), but they won't on looks alone. If you want bling then buy one of the AT's; performance, then it has to be the Project/Rega. My 2p's worth.

DougK said:
Don_Bruery said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Performance-wise a Project Debut Carbon or a Rega RP1 will probably trounce both of the Audio Technica tables, (both available at circa £300), but they won't on looks alone. If you want bling then buy one of the AT's; performance, then it has to be the Project/Rega. My 2p's worth.

+1 and if you get either Ortofon go for blue and there is a subsection for Turntables and Vinyl. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts