ATC SCM11 WITH CYRUS HIFI ?

Hi Gaz19

I have and SCM11 monitors work perfectly well with Cyrus electronics. Over the last five years i've also got clients happily using various Cyrus electronics/systems with ATC passive monitors.

Have you already got a Cyrus system? If so, what Cyrus components are you using?

Your existing speakers are?

What do you generally lsiten to?

With SCM11 monitors what kind of presentation are you looking for your system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I already have full Cyrus system and two 8 powers. I have had various speakers and use Dali at the moment since their silk dome tweeters smooth out the Cyrus gear alot.
I have tried Monitor Audio GS10`s but they were really bright and harsh which I am guessing is down to the metal dome tweeters when used with Cyrus.
ATC use soft tweeters and have one best speaker under a grand four years in a row and my budget does not allow for speakers over a grand so on paper it looks like the best combo.
Trouble is it would be a 200 mile round trip for me to hear them so that is why I am asking first so that I do not waste an entire day on the moterway in summer jams and heat.
I think what I really want to know is does this combo sound bright, harsh or glaring ?

Hi GAZ19

Thanks for your reply.

I've not found a combination of ATC monitors and Cyrus electronics to bright, harsh or glaring. The bottom line is the ATC's are effectively flat and honest so therefore they'll pretty much reveal the qualities of your recordings, electronics and cabling with practically no colouring/rounding/smoothing.

I hate to say it but if you're not sure than the only way to know whether the ATC's accuracy suits you is by listening to them.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Superb speakers which work really well with Cyrus gear. As already mentioned they have a very accurate sound with lots of fine detail. Its was really easy to pick out individual instruments without sounding bright or harsh in any way. I did find they really came into their own at medium and high volumes, but felt something was missing at lower levels so something worth bearing in mind. Also they dont flatter poor recordings and you really feel you're hearing exactly whats on the disc. I was using an 8vs2 at the time but you're twin 8 powers should drive them much better. In the end I went for the Focus 110s which suited my tastes much better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts