atc or mordaunt on marantz reference

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

please if anyone has experience with atc and marantz reference line (sa11s2+pm11s2)

atc scm11 or atc scm19      (is atc good match for marantz)

or to go with the perfromance 6 (i know marantz sells mordaunt in europe and use them on all hifi shows for the few last years)

are the mordaunts that good with marantz smooth sound?!!!!! (plus i am not ready to spend that much ...for the PE 6!!!...but can make some exceptions...if they are that special)

thanks

alien123:
hi,

please if anyone has experience with atc and marantz reference line (sa11s2+pm11s2)

atc scm11 or atc scm19 (is atc good match for marantz)

or to go with the perfromance 6 (i know marantz sells mordaunt in europe and use them on all hifi shows for the few last years)

are the mordaunts that good with marantz smooth sound?!!!!! (plus i am not ready to spend that much ...for the PE 6!!!...but can make some exceptions...if they are that special)

thanks

Hi alien123

As much as i like the ATC monitors however in this instance it will not be ideal to partner the Marantz combination to them. The Marantz combination will be suited to Mordaunt Short or Tannoy speakers.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I think it could work well. The Marantz is smoother than other amplification, a little like ATC's SIA2-150, so at least it won't be a grating experience. Whether the Marantz has the nuts to drive them properly, I won't say for sure as I've no heard the combination, but until you have, you'll never know. I would recommend you get an audition so set it straight in your mind as to whether the combo works well together.

There are a few 'recommended' amp/speaker combos that do the rounds, which are not really that great. Much of the time, certain speakers are paired with certain electronics because they're distributed through the same company, or because they are owned by the same company. These situations don't necessarily mean they're the perfect match.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
When I was auditioning CD players in a dealer, I listened to Marantz SA11S2 with ATC SCM40, driven by a Krell S-300i. I thought it was digital sounding and somewhat bright, in comparison to an Ayre CX-7eMP which they later substituted for the Marantz.

A

Anonymous

hi

and thanks to all for your time...... helping me (appreciate a lot )!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problem is : cant audition nor atc neither mordaunt.......simply its impossible .....in my country....not much choice ........plus that makes the decision very though ......"buying on blind"...........

i know about mordaunt /marantz current "collaboration"(their "relationship")...simply hifi "politics".........and that self promoting maybe it;s not the best match in heaven......but many people already talked about that combo .......praised them in a positive sense ÿ........plus great reviews in magazines........ remember i cant audition them so peoples real experiences(if some regarding my particular setup) and reviews are of great relief............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but have another important questions too........a little confused..........so another help means a lot......a little guide.......!!!!!

1.although never heard atc or mordaunt(above mentioned models) ...mordaunt are described as very revealing........extreme in details as never heard in that price range...... especially TOP transparency and neutrality.............also as i read from the great reviews on atc and awards the atc are in the same fashion described..........details,transparency, neutrality,dynamics.....so my question is : if mordaunts are great with marantz 11 series why the atc would not be a good candidate (power handling issues....i doubt 100w/ch ??!!!!!!)..............when they are sooooo similar on "words"......(at least i understand that way from the critics!!!!!) ..........plus put smooth sounding electronics and transparent/revealing speakers ....and you have a great balance.....NOT.....i dont want too forward sound........????!!!!!

2.i have only the sa11s2 at this moment......amazing cd player........but plan to buy pm11s2 or sm11s1/sc11s1........soooo..........aside atc or mordaunts......which brand/ model (bookshelf) would you people recommend for that setup ????????

what about

1.harbeth c7-es3/shl5

2.bw 805s/805d (anyone heard them.....are the diamonds worth??)

3.proac response D two

i dont know ......you tell it????????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or to go for the luxman l-590a2 a class or luxman l-507u instead of marantz amp?????!!!!

what about luxman and atc ..........any experiences???????!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Buy the Sonus Faber Cremonas and stop worrying! They'll work well with Marantz. In fact they're remarkably forgiving for most amps, providing the power is there.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:Buy the Sonus Faber Cremonas and stop worrying! They'll work well with Marantz. In fact they're remarkably forgiving for most amps, providing the power is there.

I think the same could be said for Harbeth speakers too. Utterly superb and work very well with any amplifiers that can drive them sufficiently.

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:....where is alien from.....? - seriously please stop this '.....'

from another planet...................seriously!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life

Campaign

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'd be inclined to look for one of the KI Pearl amplifiers to match up with your marantz CD player, the review I read was glowing and I believe they said that it was powerful enough to drive most any speaker and puts out more than the conservative 90W rating. I'm sure it can drive the Performance 6 along well, MS speakers aren't particularly hard to drive and im pretty sure the Performance 6 has a high sensitivity. Having said that I imagine that the KI Pearl amp might take some tracking down due to being a limited release and only comes in black.

A

Anonymous

also high on my list is Proac Response D18 !!!!!!!

i read they are good match with valve-like, full-bodied amps and smooth sounding components........is that true ??

again........ thanks to all for all the directions!!!!!

ÿ

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yup, true
emotion-21.gif

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I would not assume Mordaunt Short speakers automatically compliment the Marantz sound just because Mordaunt Short are publicly endorsed by Marantz. I understand the association of the two is primarily for territory business purposes than a synergy on the sound front. Have a listen and see what you think, I had the opportunity to speak to a certain prominent individual working for Marantz at the Bristol Hi-Fi Show earlier this year and privately asked him what in his opinion are the speakers that compliment and optimise the performance of the Pearls and he said Adams Audio ones (non-active).

Cheers,
SonicD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts