atc active speakers - hifi or pro audio ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 188516
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188516

atc make active speakers for both hifi and the pro audio market. sound quality wise what are the differences between the two types ?

D

Deleted member 188516

may i ask which atc actives then allow a listener to hear exactly what their source component / signal is 100% - nothing added nothing taken away ?

i'm guessing that would be the pro-audio range in which case how do the "hifi" range versions differ ?

abacus

atc make active speakers for both hifi and the pro audio market. sound quality wise what are the differences between the two types ?

A studio and a lounge are completely different and need speakers to suit; this is the main difference between their Hi-Fi and Pro speakers. (Plus Pro speakers don’t look very good in a lounge)

Bill

D

Deleted member 188516

hi bill and thanks for the reply.

apart from the appearance how do they actually sound different though ?

how do the "hifi" versions sound compared to the "studio" products ?

Reactions: Dom

abacus

hi bill and thanks for the reply.

apart from the appearance how do they actually sound different though ?

how do the "hifi" versions sound compared to the "studio" products ?

Pro speakers of this calibre are designed to be used in an acoustically treated room; (Studio) so will sound naff in an untreated room, (Lounge)

The Hi-Fi versions are the opposite, so unless you have an acoustically treated room, stick to the Hi-Fi version.

Used in the appropriate rooms for which they were designed, they will sound similar.

Bill

D

Deleted member 188516

hi bill

thanks for clarifying this.

i'm guessing both designs, hifi or studio, are designed to play exactly what is fed to them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts