Atacama equinox AVi TL ?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
EDIT: Ignore my original post below

Im looking to buy a new stand for my Pany 42PZ85, looks really out of place sat on top of the stand from my old Pany32" crt.

Spent a few hours searching online looking at lots of stands and spotted this (2nd one along for the bargain price of £109.99). I have no idea what the quality is like and the tv mount doesn't swivel (not a huge problem but might come in handy), looks a good size for the money though. I was looking to spend under £200 and like the look of these cantilever style stands. This was one of the few I spotted that was cheap and has decent sized shelves for my AV gear. I was looking at the upto 50" stands as you get bigger shelves and seem to be a decent height from the floor (tv viewing height).

After a few hours searching online I then spotted an Atacama Equinox AVi TL for £240 inc delivery, which is really tempting. The stand is white with black shelves, not the colour combination I was after but I have to admitt I am warming to it. It's more than I wanted to spend as well but im thinking it may be money well spent as they win all the awards and looks built to last. If I wanted to choose my own combination of colours then you are looking at another £100 ish
emotion-6.gif
, way over my budget.

I have a few questions though which hopefully someone can help me with....

Will my equipment fit on the Atacama? Denon 2105 amp (w 434 x h 171 x d 416) ,SKY HD, PS3 ,Mission centre ( 165 x 430 x 230 HxWxD ) and if possible my old Toshiba SD-350 (I think) dvd player for region 1 films (not used very much so maybe I could stick it under the sky box if needed). Although I will be looking to replace the Toshiba with a seperate blu-ray player in future, with multi region dvd playback.

I was thinking of putting my amp, sky and possibly dvd player on the bottom shelf. With centre and PS3 on the top shelf. My main concern though is that there won't be enough space between my plasma and my big beastie centre speaker. If the centre speaker is sat in the middle of the top shelf would there even be enough room left for my PS3? The centre needs to go on the top shelf btw.

Would there be any problems in mounting my Pany plasma? I seem to recall a simialr post a while ago where the tv mounting bolts did not fit and something about Pany's not using the standard VESA (???) mount.

Im not entirely sure how a white stand with black glass would look with my mainly black tv, silver centre speaker and silvery goldish Denon amp. Throw my beech M33i front speakers into that mix as well
emotion-8.gif
What on earth is that combination of colours going to look like?
Room is magnolia with white celing.... naturally decorated I think they call it. Rented house btw.
If you are wondering I wanted a matching centre but at the time Mission where going through a wobbly period and after 6 months of trying to find a matching beech centre I gave in and bought a silver one.

Is the Atacama worth the extra money over a cheapy stand ? I don't want to pay for a cheapy stand and come home to find my plasma laying on the floor in bits.

If the Atacama is no good does anyone have any other sugestions within my budget ?

Finall question, how can it be so difficult to choose a tv stand?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered one of these
instead direct from Amazon and 50% less than a few online shops/dealer
prices. Looks good for the money and should hopefully be well made with
a retail price of around £350. I really wanted black glass but the
clear glass version was £70ish cheaper, save a few pennies at least.
Hopefully
there should be enough room for all my gear as it has an extra shelf
over the Atacama, comes with a swivel/tilt tv mount as well. Cheapest
price was from here but they are based in Ireland and I was woried about shipping costs if it had to be returned.

If I can find my camera (recently moved house) I will take some before and after shots if anyones interested.

EDIT: Don't know what happened to the above post, looks ok if I edit it.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i bought the original Atacama equinox - so mine twists but doesn't tilt - now sitting in the loft - these things are impossible to hide cables and when you have a lot of kit just looks awful - also they are the biggest dust magnet in history of the world

would say to anyone buy onw thats open backed but has doors!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts