Atacama Equinox ARC vs Atacama Eris Eco Hifi Rack

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, having a bit of a dilemma with regards to which Hifi rack to choose if I upgrade my equipment. I have narrowed it down to the 2 above racks. One is made from A.R.C. glass, here is the description from Atacam's website with regards to this :- The A.R.C. Piano Black Glass is also available as a cost option .Atacama Resonance Control (A.R.C.) glass is a specially made laminated glass that has a dampening core and is over 50% thicker than standard Equinox glass, thus further improving the performance of the Equinox Hifi range of equipment supports.

The Eris Eco is made out of wood. Difference in price is 60.00 between the two. As always any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
sound10 said:
Hi everyone, having a bit of a dilemma with regards to which Hifi rack to choose if I upgrade my equipment. I have narrowed it down to the 2 above racks. One is made from A.R.C. glass, here is the description from Atacam's website with regards to this :- The A.R.C. Piano Black Glass is also available as a cost option .Atacama Resonance Control (A.R.C.) glass is a specially made laminated glass that has a dampening core and is over 50% thicker than standard Equinox glass, thus further improving the performance of the Equinox Hifi range of equipment supports.

The Eris Eco is made out of wood. Difference in price is 60.00 between the two. As always any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Go for wood or bamboo
Much better looking
More classy

Dont worry about how it sounds unless your using valve amps or turntables

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
sound10 said:

Go for wood or bamboo
Much better looking
More classy

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
sound10 said:

Go for wood or bamboo Much better looking More classy

Hi Andrewjvt, thanks for your reply. Just to add that I do have a Rega RP6 turntable and I presume that wood is better for that than the A.R.C. glass ?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
sound10 said:
Andrewjvt said:
sound10 said:

Go for wood or bamboo Much better looking More classy

Hi Andrewjvt, thanks for your reply. Just to add that I do have a Rega RP6 turntable and I presume that wood is better for that than the A.R.C. glass ?

I am sure but i dont have a turntable so not 100% but im 99.9% its fine

I'm not sure I follow which is cheaper from what you've written. You are stating the assertion that ARC glass is less resonant than regular glass, which makes sense. But what do the makers say about the wood rack? And is that cheaper or more expensive?

Good point re turntable. I'd choose the rack I liked the look of, and consider further isolation or support for the turntable if I needed it.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I have gone for the Atacama Eris Eco in medium bamboo, which matches my laminate floor. Having seen an Atacama bamboo stand at a local store a couple of days ago, I knew that the bamboo wood was a better option for me than the laminated A.R.C. glass on the Atacama Equinox. Cheers :)

sound10 said:
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I have gone for the Atacama Eris Eco in medium bamboo, which matches my laminate floor. Having seen an Atacama bamboo stand at a local store a couple of days ago, I knew that the bamboo wood was a better option for me than the laminated A.R.C. glass on the Atacama Equinox. Cheers :)

Excellent choice....

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
And the designer had placed a black sandblasted 4 inch thick granite slab on the floor, to place my kit on. And it is wide enough to place all my kit side by side. Thus, had never considered a rack before. But after reading this post, started wondering if mounting kit in a rack will make it sound better, even if I don't pile stuff, one on top of the other. Thanks.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Personally I dislike most purpose made hifi racks. They create that 'hifi shrine' sort of look. The kind that takes focal point in a room and so much hated by wife's around the globe.

I had a Hark rack for my cyrus stuff and as cool as it looked for a time I got shot of it.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
my system takes pride of place in my room, three racks full of equipment plus nine speakers and two subs, projector mounted on the ceiling together with a 6ft drop-down screen.

but then again I don't have to worry about the wife acceptance factor. *yahoo*

iMark

drummerman said:
Personally I dislike most purpose made hifi racks. They create that 'hifi shrine' sort of look. The kind that takes focal point in a room and so much hated by wife's around the globe.

Funny that you say that. A couple of years ago I suggested buying a bamboo Atacama rack for the living room. The Mrs. think it looks great. It's also very practical because the record player is on the top at nice convenient height and sounds great too because of the insulation. Highly recommended, albeit quite expensive. Our black components look great in the bamboo/black rack.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
short leash in this regard. Considering how scarce real estate is in a metro, my wife agreed to share the dining room with the speakers and my hifi kit, as long as she approves the looks of it, never mind the sound.

Had never considered a rack so far, as she prefers having all the kit in white / silver , placed on a black peice of granite.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:

I had a Hark rack for my cyrus stuff and as cool as it looked for a time I got shot of it.

I totally get it and agree but what choice does one have if it forms part of the av?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts