AT95E vs AT95EX

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
stereoman said:
Al ears said:
stereoman said:
bigfish786 said:
Al ears said:
stereoman said:
Hello. Can someone confirm whether the AT95E or AT95EX is really "made in China" ? I just received mine directly from Audio Technica Shop but on the package it says so. I thought that all needles / carts are made in Japan. I will post a quick sound description soon.

If it says made in China then it was.

ive just looked at mine, they were both made in Japan.

So it is produced in both countries. I just got from China. Hmm... ;)

It's quite likely they produce goods in both countries like many manufacturers. I believe most of their turntables are from China.

Yes TTs are made in China - but I thought that such things like Stylii or Carts are totally made in Japan. All is ok. A quick sound update:

So the AT95EX ( Chinese version ) yes sounds a bit better than the generic AT95E. Not so much better , do not expect a big difference. The difference is mostly heard in bass - midrange area. The bass is a bit tighter, as to the highs ( some claim a bit better with more resolution ) not so true. The highs are even bit shut in but clear. The whole reproduction is a bit "tighter" in sound. But yes it sounds "better" definitely.

I find the biggest improvement is in the treble tracking at the end of a side. Also surface noise is less apparent.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
DougK said:
Stereoman you have a fine turntable without doubt, you adore it and appreciate it. However, it is Chinese made and rolls off the same production line as many other identical turntables with different brand names. They are all built cheaply and suit their price point. I've been there and done it myself with a Pioneer PLX1000, I thought it sounded brilliant until I bought the Marantz... there is absolutely no comparison between the Pioneer and the Marantz, both in build quality and sound quality.

I really don't want to come across as a hi-fi snob but until you've experienced a turntable made in the western hemisphere, or Japan, you will not really fully appreciate what vinyl is capable of reproducing. Unfortunately this hobby requires a lot of cash investment.

I use an old Philips GA212, modified by myself to eliminate speed drift. Excellent deck.

TRENDING THREADS