• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Astell & Kern AK USB-C Dual DAC Cable

MarkPf

May 23, 2021
I agree with both of you. No MQA and sad to see LG not making phones. I own a LG V60 and bought it just for the reason that it sounds better then any other phone that I know of. Do you know if this would sound as good as a SchiIt Audio Magni/Modi stack for a computer or laptop? Looking for something more portable like this.

Reactions: Lmnop

Lmnop

Jun 27, 2020
I agree with both of you. No MQA and sad to see LG not making phones. I own a LG V60 and bought it just for the reason that it sounds better then any other phone that I know of. Do you know if this would sound as good as a SchiIt Audio Magni/Modi stack for a computer or laptop? Looking for something more portable like this.
Hi Mark, I know I'm late to this, but I think you'll find it will depend on what kind of headphones you'll be using. The AKM chip in the Schiit is comparable quality to the dual CS chips in the AK--which I've been using for a week now and loving. The amplification is potentially the main difference, depending on impedance. But for the price I'm thrilled with the AK.

MarkPf

May 23, 2021
Hi Mark, I know I'm late to this, but I think you'll find it will depend on what kind of headphones you'll be using. The AKM chip in the Schiit is comparable quality to the dual CS chips in the AK--which I've been using for a week now and loving. The amplification is potentially the main difference, depending on impedance. But for the price I'm thrilled with the AK.
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably get one and check it out. I am using Sennheiser HD599's.

MarkPf

May 23, 2021
Your LG V60 is almost certainly better than something like this. I have a V35 ThinQ and it's the equal of most entry level desktop amp/DAC stacks.
Happy with my V60. Just thinking about the future when I will have to upgrade my phone.

Reactions: anort3

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
I don‘t know if anyone else has this issue, but the slightest movement causes mine to ’detach’, meaning it has to be unplugged and re-inserted. It’s becoming very frustrating and makes it almost useless as an ‘on the go’ DAC. The sound is great on my B&W P9s...as long as I move *very* slowly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS