Assitance with the Sony STRDA1200ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hope someone can give some really good asstiance/advice. After much deliberation, I have decided to opt for decent stereo speakers to link up with my Sony STRDA1200ES rather than any surround sound options. Firstly, are there any recommendations for speakers in the £300-£500 range along with speaker cables. Previous cable recommendations have been the QED Silver Anniversary, although not sure how these would be linked up to the Receiver. When reading the manual, it seems to suggest that you can only link stereo speakers via 'loose' end cables. Is this true or can you connect the stereo speakers with QED Silver Anniversary cables to an assigned input? Another quick question is connecting the PS3 via Optical digital cable. The input for the Sky HD receiver has an assigned input on this basis, but it suggests that the DVD/PS3 audio input needs to be via Coaxial, the PS3 is an Optical cable only. Can you use the Video 1 Optical input and assign it? Can any one assist in my quest for a decent sound set-up. Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAICR, all the speaker inputs have pull-out plugs and thus can take 4mm banana plugs.

And yes, you can assign the digital inputs to different video inputs, and with three optical digital inputs, you'll have no problem with the set-up you propose.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, thought it would have been stupid not to have a connection for my question. Assume the banana plugs just fit straight on the end of the stereo cables?

Any Recommendations on the speakers and cables?

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts