As usual...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

manicm

I'm not criticising Marantz or any other brands, merely stating one of the reasons why WHF may only be covering a limited range of models.

But WHF haven't reviewed their AV amps for literally ages as well - and these have been updated fairly regularly. Especially the slimline models - if ever.

It's curious, as WHF regularly review Denon AV amps.

What I do know about Denon and Marantz is that the parent company promotes Marantz as a HiFi brand and Denon as an AV brand, even though they both have AV as well as HiFi products.

All this conspiracy theories is plain BS. I have been part of the Big Question feature on the magazine several years ago and visited their office and resting rooms. They do their job seriously.

Why would they award only 4 stars to a Kef premium speaker if they were so biased?

With regards to Hegel, maybe the manufacturer stopped sending its products to What Hi Fi for review after this one?

Why can't the manufacturers be biased and send samples to only those publications where they would get a favourable review? A bad review will obviously hurt sales.

matthewpiano

But WHF haven't reviewed their AV amps for literally ages as well - and these have been updated fairly regularly. Especially the slimline models - if ever.

It's curious, as WHF regularly review Denon AV amps.

Let's face it, most of the difference between Denon and Marantz is branding and marketing, with a slightly different house sound. Sound United will be sending review samples for the products they most want to promote from across the two brands.

manicm

Let's face it, most of the difference between Denon and Marantz is branding and marketing, with a slightly different house sound. Sound United will be sending review samples for the products they most want to promote from across the two brands.

From what I’ve heard, the Marantz and Denon AV amps are far more distinct from each other than their stereo amps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts