Armed with £500.00 ....

BradfordBantam

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have bought my first set of seperates.

The last time I owned a turntable, it was attached to a Pioneer hi-fi multi-stack unit (about 30 years ago now!) and having just purchased Queen's Live at The Rainbow '74 on vinyl I thought I should buy something to play it on! Has proved to be quite an expensive album purchase!

Having read LOTS of forum stuff, reviews, comments I have gone for (in no particular order) -

Marantz PM6003 - Ebay, 2nd User @ £130.00

Pro-Ject Elemental TT - Amazon @ £159.00

Dali Zensor 1 Speakers - Amazon @ £199.00

12m of Speaker cable - Amazon @ £12.00

My question is - if you only had £500.00 to buy the above components, what would YOU have bought?!

Cheers

Richard

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
Hi Richard. That reminds me a bit of my first system, but that was decades ago.

Not sure you could have done much better fr the budget. You've got a cracking little system, I reckon!

Absolutely! *ok*

matthewpiano

I think you've done a very good job there and put together a system that should give you hours and hours of pleasure. I could well have done the same in that position, or I might have gone for a Rotel amp (RA04SE perhaps). Wouldn't have been much different though.

Enjoy!

BradfordBantam

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Tzutzu said:
Nice system. What's the cartridge?

If you like what you hear - job's done.*drinks*

It's an Ortofon OM5E cartridge - it comes as standard with the TT and seems to get mediocre reviews. I'll keep it for now and decide whether I should upgrade it in the near future.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You've done a wonderful job Sir!!!*i-m_so_happy*

Matt maybe would got the Rotel insted, me i would go for a Used Rega RP1, but in the end no improvement, just personal preferences!

You'll spend lot more in music though...!*music2*

The similar objective: 40k RUR (~$1000) for CD, amp and acoustics (excluding cables) for The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Yes, classic music. The set for now: Onkyo C-7030 & A-9030 + Wharfedale Diamond 10.2. Is it good? I have no opportunity to listen it before buying, there's no big hi-fi shops in Siberia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts