oldgroov3r

Nov 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I've got Systemdek IIX (no mods), currently with a Linn Basik LVX (not plus) arm and AT-VM95E cartridge, running through an Arcam A65+ and Mission 752 speakers.

The LVX is getting a little tired and whilst it tracks ok, I fancy upgrading it, as I'd like the option to run an MC cart in the future and have heard that the bearings on the LVX aren't really up to the job.

I was thinking either of the Origin Live Alliance or Onyx arms. I had thought about the RB220 or 330 as they have been around for ages, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the OL arms? I realise I'll need a new armboard, as the geometry is different, but these seem to be readily available.

Any views?

Hi everyone.

I've got Systemdek IIX (no mods), currently with a Linn Basik LVX (not plus) arm and AT-VM95E cartridge, running through an Arcam A65+ and Mission 752 speakers.

The LVX is getting a little tired and whilst it tracks ok, I fancy upgrading it, as I'd like the option to run an MC cart in the future and have heard that the bearings on the LVX aren't really up to the job.

I was thinking either of the Origin Live Alliance or Onyx arms. I had thought about the RB220 or 330 as they have been around for ages, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the OL arms? I realise I'll need a new armboard, as the geometry is different, but these seem to be readily available.

Any views?
A warm welcome to the forum.
I have had two Origin Live arms in the past and both were excellent.
Neither were the ones you mention but don't but I feel sure they are excellent as well.
You might also consider Audiomod arms.
The MC cartridge you intend to use may have some influence on the arm you should buy.....
This may help:-

Last edited:

oldgroov3r

Nov 15, 2022
Visit site
That's really helpful - thankyou. I was looking at around £500, so the audiomods might be a little out of reach for now, but certainly food for thought.

I hadn't considered the compliance/mass matching, but was considering either an AT-OC9 (of some sort) or a Dynavector 10x5 in future, and both those seem compatible with the OL arms, so that's good to know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts