Argh, another dilemma

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
AS per title, for me anyway :?

My youngest is 18 on Friday and all of this week and last I have been searching for a TV for his room (which he shares with his brother).

We (and Santa) bought Lewis a PS4 at Christmas and at the time said that it'd be for his Christmas and birthday..... keeping a TV as a secret (parents eh ? lol )

Anyway I've come down to just the 2.... : this...;

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue32f4500-led-hd-720p-smart-tv-32-inch-with-freeview-hd/p439248#default

and

this ; ... http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9158740.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

To my thinking (which may well be off given the pain-killers that I take) and a wee bit lack of knowledge .... the two tv's seem to be the same all bar the fact that the cheaper one is the full HD .... I don't get as to why the full HD version (if the same overall) is the cheaper of the twO ?

Though I do like the idea of John Lewis and Richer Sounds giving a five year deal on the 720p tv.

AM I wrong in thinking they are more or less the same TV part from the one being 1080p and other being 720p and what one would you fella's who consol game, go for ?

I'm sure he'd watch TV and such as dvd/bluray on this.... but it is mostly for his PS4 to be played on...... tbh I haven't found too much information on either bar the usuel from the sellers.

Please help.... I do know that I should have been on here asking before now given that his birthday is tomorrow.... but I haven't kept too good and have been away from the net..... sigh.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
:) bigboss I Do prefere my pc to that of consols but our soon to be (in the morning now, sigh our we boy now EIGHTEEN, :( ) birthday boy loves pc, x-box 360 (still) and this new PS4 ... :type:
I did try JL and Richers for this same TV but it seems that I have been really lucky as in going for the full HD Sammy that only the one Argos store in the city had it and at that, just the one left I was told on the phone. Went onto the computer and, nope that's a fib... my good wife went onto het laptop and did one of they click and collect thingies.... so yeah, seems like we got one of the very last of this particular Samsung TV left in Glasgow it would seem.
Well chuffed, hope he likes it, acht I'm sure he will :dance:
Thanks to you all for the info you gave me as it did help me choose :clap: :cheers:

ps/ bigboss I did really love playing him and a few others at fifa 14 on the PS4, was brilliant tbh ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts