Are Van Damme cables really any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been thinking about upgrading my speaker cables and interconnect, but it just seems like a bloody mine field! My current interconnect is a Cam Audio pacific and my speaker cable is Mordaunt Short bi wire (Which I can find no reccord of every existing on the internet, weird!)

I have been trying to research which cables will bring improvements (If at all?) but can't come to any decisive conclusion. It would seem some folks believe cables are black magic, even snake oil! while others swear they can influence the sonic prentation of a system.

So, without spending hundreds of pounds (Which does limit sugestions) what should I go for. Are those Van Damme cables as good as much more expensive stuff by say Chord?

Also, I was looking at these interconnects (The signature one half way down the page)

http://www.robertschofieldaudio.co.uk/browse.php?section=interconnects#Ref37

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

These guys also supply the Van Damme speaker cable nicely terminated too.

All sugestions and thoughts very welcome.

A

Anonymous

Go to a dealer or four and borrow some different runs to see what you prefer in situ. This seems to be an emotive topic and, to be honest, only you can judge whether the merits are worth it. I would personally recommend trying some Chord Odyssey 2 as I found a definite improvement over the Chord Carnival Silver Plus biwire I upgraded from.

A

Anonymous

The choice of cables are a contentious issue. One set of cables that may suit your system perfectly may sound disasterous in another so as igglebert suggested, do have a look around and try as many combinations as you can and let your ears be the judge as to what suits your system (and your wallet!) best.

Happy hunting.

A

Anonymous

I've been using the QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire speaker cables for the last two years and I agree with JoelSim that these are really detailed cables, although some may argue that they tend to be a little bright.

I found this to be true in my current system and have opted for the Chord Rumour 4 cables instead. The QED's are brilliant cables nevertheless.

A

Anonymous

Can I suggest bell wire or solid core electric cable? Both have scored well in blind tests in the past.

A

Anonymous

Taksinridgeback:Can I suggest bell wire or solid core electric cable? Both have scored well in blind tests in the past.

No, you can't. (Well, you did ask.)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Taksinridgeback:Can I suggest bell wire or solid core electric cable? Both have scored well in blind tests in the past.

I have some solid 6mm copper now, and it's nowhere near as nice as my QED SA. Did an A/B test.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts