Are there different types of fibre cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently bought a PS3 along with a new TV. I had hoped to connect the PS3 to my ageing but still beloved Technical Midi Seperates system that has a digital amp to decode and amplify music. (I intended to actually us a PC with lossless encoding building myself a media centre but the PS3 needs to do for now). The CD is a transport only and connects to the Amp using a fibre cable marked 'SJPD16'. There is a digital AUX port and so to this I connected a new Fibre cable mark XO Toslink to the PS3 and the AUX port, ensure the outputs 44.1 etc were correct and nothing. I replaced the CD link with the new cable and still nothing, returning the original Technics cable and everything was fine again. The cable interfaces are the same house shape (my description) and light is seen from the unconnected end when linked to whichever output device but it is not working.

My questions are although my technics amp is getting on a bit, has the standard changed, Am I correct in thinking this should work, and most importantly it seems the cable might be the issue. Are there differences and if so does a cable to a standard that my amp and modern sources can use.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
did you change how the sound was to be outputted in the ps3's sound menu, i believe you want pcm or something and not 5.1 as the digital source, im to lazy to switch mine on and look tho, sorry.

A

Anonymous

The fibre optic cable itself hasn't changed much, although some will argue the merits of new and old just as much as they'll argoue over anything else cable-wise. Any changes will be in the format of the signal going down the cable, which is a software compatibility issue, not a hardware one as such.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts