Are there any famous audiophiles?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Apples Steve Jobs and the author Ian Rankin are the only ones that I can think of.

Are there any more?

Back in the day I knew Ian quite well, he wrote some stuff for the music press during the latter days of the punk scene, we used to run into each other quite often, mostly at gigs I was involved with that he was writing about.

A year or two later he was writing for one of the hi-fi mags (Choice?), we were still in touch and I was kind of doing my pr thing. One day we were having a coffee and he said he was quitting and moving to Edinburgh to write crime novels, I new the city quite well at that time and suggested Marchmont as a 'cool' place to live.

Rebus's flat is in Marchmont, I like to think it was my idea...*dirol*

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Gazzip said:
steve_1979 said:
Apples Steve Jobs and the author Ian Rankin are the only ones that I can think of.

Are there any more?

Also Rolf Harris and Sir James Saville.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post.

They bought their hi Fi from the shop ‘audiophilia’ apparently.

The rug was pulled from underneath me with Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville because I grew up watching and liking them, e.g jim’ll fix it etc, before the court cases. For all I knew they touched so many people in so many different ways.

Before anyone criticises, it’s just a joke....

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
steve_1979 said:

Are there any more?

*good*

Back in the day I knew Ian quite well, he wrote some stuff for the music press during the latter days of the punk scene, we used to run into each other quite often, mostly at gigs I was involved with that he was writing about.

A year or two later he was writing for one of the hi-fi mags (Choice?), we were still in touch and I was kind of doing my pr thing. One day we were having a coffee and he said he was quitting and moving to Edinburgh to write crime novels, I new the city quite well at that time and suggested Marchmont as a 'cool' place to live.

thumbs_up.png

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:
steve_1979 said:

Are there any more?

Do you remember what hifi Ian Rankin had?

There are some MTM style floorstanders in Rebus's flat in TV series

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
President of Macedonia is not only an audiophile, he also is a big tube amp DIY-er. He made few amps for the national radio studio 1 when he worked as program director in his youth.

5_emiter_PrezAudio_WEB3.jpg

6_emiter_PrezAudio_WEB6.jpg

7_emiter_PrezAudio_WEB7.jpg

4_emiter_PrezAudio_WEB2.jpg

2_emiter_PrezAudio_WEB5.jpg

2_emiter_DSC00831.jpg

6_emiter_SLIKA-6_SZP.png

1_emiter_SLIKA-1_SZP.png

2_emiter_SLIKA-2_SZP.png

DIY Fostex speakers with KT90 in class A

5_emiter_SLIKA-5_SZP.png

9_emiter_SLIKA-9_SZP.png

3_emiter_SLIKA-3_SZP.png

He also collects oldy radios.

audiotehnika4.jpg

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
President of Macedonia is not only an audiophile, he also is a big tube amp DIY-er. He made few amps for the national radio studio 1 when he worked as program director in his youth.

DIY Fostex speakers with KT90 in class A

He also collects oldy radios.

Looks to be a fellow fan of the awesome 845 Power valve. The man clearly has taste, whatever his politics.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts