Are Paramount blu rays region free?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I can't for the life of me remember which studios blu rays are region free as I somehow managed to delete the list from my laptop, I'm looking at buying the No Country for Old Men 2 disc collectors edition blu ray from the states but can't remember if Paramount dics are region free or not. Can anyone help?

Don't want to order it then find it won't play so any help would be much appreciated thanks.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I bought my disc originally when it first came out years ago, it has a big "A" stamped on the back but plays in uk blu-ray players, if i remember correctly at the time i had a big argument with asda who insisted it would play & all i needed was a firmware update.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
simonlewis said:
It was a while ago, 2008 i believe. :)

The plot thickens simonlewis and seems you are correct with the region coding.....if you look on the Amazon website and click on the photos here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Country-Old-Men-Blu-ray/dp/B001B6CCCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1369142233&sr=1-1&keywords=no+country+for+old+men

You will see the disc is clearly stamped with an A region stamp yet Amazon are selling this disc as a UK region B blu ray so what's going on with this disc? I don't want to import the 2 disc collectors edition in the hope that it's the same story with that set but no concrete evidence seems to be out there as to wether it would play or not.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks bigboss.

I went to the movietyme website first of all as that's who I usually use to import discs but I couldn't see any region coding on the page for the disc, they have never got any disc wrong I have purchased from them so this one must be region locked which is a shame. Still strange that the UK disc is stamped as region A but I won't be importing the 2 disc, thank you very much for your help bigboss :clap:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts