Are Mission LX2s considered warm speakers? Considering update to Dali Zensor 3 or Wharfedale 225

jackstark

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I am considering an upgrade of my Mission LX2 speakers. Currently looking at the Dali Zensor 3 and the Whardefale 225s. I have been able to listen to the Zensors and they sound good in the shop but it's hard to tell if they are really a lot better than my LX2s, being in a different size room + using another amp. The Dalis give me the impression of being a bit more on the bright side, at least compared to the LX2s.

I can't seem to find a shop where I can listen to the Wharfedales 225 (I live in Belgium). The reviews are very positive about but mention the fact that they sound rather warm.

Therefore I wonder if the Mission LX2s are considered warm speakers as well? I quite like the sound of them. Also, anyone that has any experience with all three speakers? Will the Dalis or Wharfedales provide a significant improvement in audio quality compared to the LX2? I am using a Yamaha A-670.

Thanks in advance for your insights. *smile*

gasolin

significant improvement in audio quality compared to the LX2 other then mabye more brighter sound from the dalis you won't get

Stereophile do highly rate the diamond 225 but LX-2's are better than the diamond 220 more bass and not so dark sounding

If you want somthing better mabye try listening to the Q Acosutics concept 20, you do have a budget amp so i don't know if it's good enough for the concept 20

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
all of the mentioned speakers are small or side steps. want to hear improvement? buy a better amp, e.g. yamaha 801. with Yamaha A-670 you will never hear what can be achived. if you only want speaker, you could try also the lx3.

gasolin

kukulec said:
all of the mentioned speakers are small or side steps. want to hear improvement? buy a better amp, e.g. yamaha 801. with Yamaha A-670 you will never hear what can be achived. if you only want speaker, you could try also the lx3.

Or something like the new rega brio, mission lx-2 can easily handle a 3 times more expensive amp than the yamaha a-670

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts