Are jaggies on a Plasma normal?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently bought a Panasonic TH37PX70 Plasma television. The sources I watch on the TV are SD Sky on a Pace V2 Sky+ box via scart and a Panasonic DVD recorder via HDMI.

What I want to know is, are jaggies on a Plasma normal? The type of jaggies I mean are where diagonal lines appear zigzagged - does that make sense?

Could it be as a result of the panel upscaling the SD picture? Am I sitting too close?

It seems to only be an issue on certain programes. For example, Dragon's Den is the worst offender for some reason.

Any one else experience this phenomenon? I'm concerned that I may have a faulty set and need to know!

Thanks for any help.

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
I have the same TV and I can't say I've noticed a problem with "jaggies", but I sit about 9 feet away from the screen.If the problem only occurs with Sky then it could be the quality of the transmission (some channels have lower bit rates than others), or the settings on the TV. Try turning down the sharpness (my TV's is set to zero) and/or adjusting the noise reduction. The trouble with this type of issue is that it could be a lot of different things, however unless it occurs all the time (on multiple inputs) then the TV is unlikely to be at fault (no TV image scaler is going to be perfect). All I can suggest is to test as much as you can by changing inputs, cables, settings etc. and try and isolate when the problem occurs and any possible cause.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts