Arcam with Kef, but which cdp?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I will buy the Kef R500 or R300. First i thought with the Marantz pm lite amp, but i heard it with the Arcam A19 and it sounds very good. The dealer hasn't Marantz.

But which cdp? Is the Marantz cd 6004 a good match?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Best match would be the Marantz Pearl Lite cd player but thye are about £700, the 6004 may be OK or I think a used 63SE KI for about £100 would be better.

peterpan said:
Why? I have no sacd's.

This maybe of interest, from WHFI's review.

" Once again on the topic of system matching, we tried the A19 with both the new Naim CD5si (£995) and the triple-Award-winning Audiolab 8200CD (£800) – two stellar CD players with very different characteristics.

The Naim complements the Arcam’s big and spacious sound, driving songs along with plenty of energy and authority. However, the full-bodied Naim has a naturally warm tone, which makes the Arcam sound just a little too rich and thick – qualities that don’t need any more emphasis.

The Audiolab 8200CD, to our ears, is a much better fit. It’s sharper and leaner – just enough to give the Arcam a bit of a kick. Everything sounds snappier, livelier and more upbeat.

Play Kimya Dawson’s Loose Lips, and the A19 has no trouble keeping up with her nimble, conversational lyrics – and the message of the song is delivered with plenty of punch and attitude."

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You could consider the Audiolab 8200 cd which will give you the digital inputs for when you start streaming.

There are other cd players which have digital inputs which I can't recall.

I would advise a demo of the audiolab as it will have a quite different signature to the Marantz and has incredible detail in its delivery but I personally found it a bit too clinical but that is my personal taste, many here own and love them.

Let your ears decide but it is an excellent machine.

Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts