Arcam Solo Music

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
cse said:
plastic penguin said:
 Always loved the understated Arcam presentation. Great for long sessions.

I would have agreed with you about Arcam having a lovely, understated and non-fatiguing listen until I bought this new Arcam solo music with class G applification. This definitely has more bite and forward a presentation (at least at home in my listening room) than I expected, or experienced in the shop. The levels of detail are amazing and this is what is coming through. This makes for a brighter soundstage, but not one that is at all tiring. I think my speakers ( Neat petit sx) are more immediate sounding than the Focal Arias that I heard at the demonstration, but this is not a bad thing. I will live with my current speakers a while yet, I have a hankering for some small Harbeths! Another consideration is a change of speaker cable. I have Nordost (which can be over-revealing, if there is such a thing). However, not sure that I have the energy or desire to spend money in that direction.
Arcam Class G is great...and as for Speaker Cables, I suggest you keep an eye out for Linn K20 on EBay. Usually not too sore on the wallet.

Dali888

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Anyone have the Arcam Solo Music and think it sounds a little bright? A friend of mine had totem arros (Canadian) years ago on a marantz and sounded awesome. I have these now as well, but find them bright, which is not how I remember them. If I stream from a premium service like Amazon premium music, I also have to change the equalizer from flat, otherwise, it sounds bright.

I also had some bookshelves also from Totem, which did the same thing, and am now wondering if it's the Solo Music, or... My cables? I'd hate to get rid of the solo as I just bought it and wanted an all in one

manicm

Anyone have the Arcam Solo Music and think it sounds a little bright? A friend of mine had totem arros (Canadian) years ago on a marantz and sounded awesome. I have these now as well, but find them bright, which is not how I remember them. If I stream from a premium service like Amazon premium music, I also have to change the equalizer from flat, otherwise, it sounds bright.

I also had some bookshelves also from Totem, which did the same thing, and am now wondering if it's the Solo Music, or... My cables? I'd hate to get rid of the solo as I just bought it and wanted an all in one

I had the Solo Mini, and it wasn't bright at all, but truly neutral. Can you try another speaker?

TRENDING THREADS