Arcam Solo Movie

Petjackal

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Basic question re Arcam Solo Movie; is the 2.1 version significantly better sound for CD or streaming audio over the 5.1? If I played CD through 2 front speakers of 5.1 would it sound significantly worse than through 2.1? Thanks.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Literature on the web. They both have same cd mechanism, and pre amp stage. Just that the 5.1 gets 3 extra 3 channels of amplification. So both you theoretically sound alike.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I was told by Seven Oaks that they sound the same. The 5.1 supports stereo mode, stereo plus centre mode, stereo plus surround mode and lastly stereo plus suround plus centre mode, and each of these can work with or without a sub-woofer. In stereo mode the maximum power output is 75/120W per channel with 8/4 ohm speakers which is slightly less than the Arcam Solo Music. As I am sure you have noticed, Seven Oaks are doing them for £800 which sounds like a bargain. It lacks 4K which may be the reason for it not selling at the original price of £2,200 last year. You are best to listen to one for yourself and form your own views in my opinion.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
4k is not a big deal. All new TV's have built in apps for streaming 4k video. And all uhd players come with twin HDMI outs. So one goes to the arcam and the other to the 4k TV. At 800 pounds the arcam is a steal in my opinion as regards sound quality.

But if you are looking for more features , then the main stream AVR's from denon, marantz and Yamaha might offer more. But they might not sound as good as the arcam in music if that is a priority for you. Best to audition both and take a call.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts