Arcam Solo Movie 5.1

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
The price of the above has recently plummetted to £1,000, compared to £1,300 for the Arcam Solo Music. I'm thinking of getting one since it can be run in two speaker mode as per the Solo Music, and unlike the Solo Music it includes a Blu Ray player. Does anyone know why the price has fallen so far? My guess is that they are about to discontinue it, or perhaps it does not sell and they need to clear stock, I can but guess.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
For a thousand quid you could get the marantz sr6011 and a Sony uhd player. You get 9 channels of amplification from the marantz, and 4k HDR from the Sony. And suddenly the arcam solo movie looks expensive even at 1000 pounds.:)

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
For a thousand quid you could get the marantz sr6011 and a Sony uhd player. You get 9 channels of amplification from the marantz, and 4k HDR from the Sony. And suddenly the arcam solo movie looks expensive even at 1000 pounds.:)

Thanks. I'm actually not interested in the movie features, my aim is to get a stereo system, with high quality audio, preferably a CD player, a DAB radio, and streaming from my iPhone of lossless music files. The appeal of the Arcam is the sound quality. Unfortunately the Arcam units only accept FLAC music files, so I would need to convert my music library to FLAC from ALAC, and use a non Apple music app on the iPhone. This is a pain. At present I send ALAC files to an Apple Express, which outputs an analogue output to my Arcam Solo Mini, and the DAC in the Apple Express is said to be good, but not that good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts