Arcam Solo Mini

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has the Arcam solo mini received a propper review by What HiFi?

I'm Considering its all in one appeal. e.g DAB Radio and the use of the rDock for my iPod.

But in real terms would the £270 Marantz CD player and £270 Marantz Amp, better it sonically in every way?

I'm thinking of using the B&W 685 speaker with either set up.

Anybody got these set-ups?

A

Anonymous

HFC did a review of it in last months mag and it got a rather glowing review

A

Anonymous

I have the same question as well.

I think both the Marantz seperates and the mini got good reviews but I am also keen to know which would be a better match for the B&W 685s.

A

Anonymous

I'm listening to a Solo Mini with Monitor Audio RS1 right now and whilst it's okay it adds up to over £1k, and in my opinion it's nothing on the AVI ADM9. Sorry to sound like a broken record.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fujineg"]
Has the Arcam solo mini received a propper review by What HiFi?

I'm Considering its all in one appeal. e.g DAB Radio and the use of the rDock for my iPod.

But in real terms would the £270 Marantz CD player and £270 Marantz Amp, better it sonically in every way?

I'm thinking of using the B&W 685 speaker with either set up.

Anybody got these set-ups?

[/quote]

We were the first magazine to review the Arcam Solo Mini, actually... It got a well-deserved five stars, as it's a superb performer in its class.

However, there's an inevitable style/size/convenience premium involved.

If you're happy to go with separates, you'll enjoy superior performance for your money - and the Marantz combo plus B&W 685s (on sturdy stands) sounds absolutely stunning for the cash.

If you've got @£1000 all-in to spend on a hi-fi system, we think there's little to touch it.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like the Marantz combo would be better than the Arcam Solo Mini then if you have space for the separates. But you'll still need to get a tuner as well to go with the Marantz combo. Overall, it seems like the Marantz combo would be better value for money as compared to the mini but the mini is a very nice looking all in one system indeed.

The 685s are very good speakers indeed! I even prefer them to the CM1s. . . Too bad the smaller 686s don't perform as well as their bigger brothers as their size would be perfect for a study/bedroom set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts