Arcam Solo Mini wobbly power supply cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just noticed that the power supply cable to my mini is very wobbly in the socket where it joins the main unit. It is pushed in as far as it will go, but it wobbles up and down like it's not in properly. I think there is usually a little bit of give in this type of plug, but this seems rather a lot. I noticed today that occasionally if I move it up and down the power supply is interrupted and the information on the mini's display is scrambled. I would appreciate it if other mini owners could let me know if their cable is the same, and if they have had problems with interrupted power supply.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If it was a naim it would be called 'vibration reducing' engineering excellence
emotion-11.gif

If the power supply is interrupted then there's obviously a problem and playing around with it more will not solve the issue. Get it repaired.

A

Anonymous

just put a few layers of tape around it and it fit nice and snuggly.

manicm

This accessories thing has got my mind going on the wrong side of monetary conservation:

I'm tempted to get Chord's SuperScreen mains cable, and their new bi-wire Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable.

What do you think anyone from WHF?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:
If it was a naim it would be called 'vibration reducing' engineering excellence
emotion-11.gif

If the power supply is interrupted then there's obviously a problem and playing around with it more will not solve the issue. Get it repaired.

A LOL where a LOL is due DM.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem, if it is a problem?, with my nad t585. Works a.o.k. No issues on this end.

A

Anonymous

Never fiddled with it while in use. Don't tend to either.

A

Anonymous

Just noticed that the socket has a hole for a third pin. There are two pins, then the hole for one at the top. If there were three pins it would be a firm connection. The supplied cable only has two holes for the pins. Do other people's minis have two pins or three pins in the socket? Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi, just checked the back of my unit and it has the required 2 pins/2holes.So, in my situation the socket or the plug were incorrectly manufactured.Maybe a new chord or after market will remedy it. As in your case, they obviously gave you the wrong cable.Go have exchanged for a proper cable. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts