Arcam sale at Sevenoaks Brighton

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Just bagged a brand new CD192 for £499 with warranty. To quote Alan Partridge "Back of the net!". Bargain can't wait for delivery.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Sounds too good to be true but looks like 7oaks at Brighton are discounting several Arcam products.

Just highlights what markup there is on these products - I recently paid £900 for the CD192 at 7oaks in Leeds - not pleased at all.

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/store/southeast/brighton/3443/content.aspx

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Most Sevenoaks stores are franchises, so can charge whatever they like. Maybe Arcam hasn't been selling too well on the South Coast (more fool them seaside dwellers), hence the special offers...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes, check out it's website www.ssav.com before you go an buy anything. For instance, their shop in Grays Inn Road in the City is always dearer than local stores. Once you get to know the dealers, you can always sort a deal. The shop in Epsom is great.

A

Anonymous

Lucky.....person,could you please lend me 500 quid so I can get me one?

A

Anonymous

Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield have CD73 players at £299!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]
Excellent, you'll love it! I've run one in my system at home for a while and it's been great.

[/quote]

Andy, I have a CD93. Should I buy a CD36 at £699 or await reviews of the CD17 - in theory these should be better from a technology view point? And they are £500!

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm 'sold' on the Arcam house sound already.

A

Anonymous

I love Arcam stuff. I've seen the ad's and reviews in What HiFi and you can tell that it's quality kit!Only problem is that I'm deaf so it's as useful to me as a bicycle is to a goldfish
emotion-6.gif

RobJ72

May 4, 2008
Visit site
[ My first post here] Thanks for the heads-up - just had a trip down to the seaside and picked-up a CD73 for £299. That's the same as I paid fourteen years ago for my Rotel RCD965BX - I only replaced it because it was becoming unreliable but chuffed to bits with the extra detail and openness I'm getting from the Arcam.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes they are a franchise and when i bought a bargain Arcam FMJ A32 and CD36 i asked them why the price was so discounted. Well it seems they did a good deal with Arcam to buy up the remaining items just before the new models (A38 included) were being released. Hence the deal you get at Brighton isnt the same advertised at other Sevenoaks shops. It is a limited stock and to be honest i would doubt you could be unhappy with what you get for those prices. Just the CD73 alone is currently little more than a budget Cambridge or a NAD and it is an excellent player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts