Arcam sa20 phono stage

Colinbarnes

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello, first post here so be gentle … I’ve just plugged in my new amp it works great with cds50, really great but when I try to use my planer1 plus turntable it makes a horrific noise, can someone point me in the right direction in how to fix this .it's chord cables I'm using
Thanks very much in advance colin

Colinbarnes

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not sure how or if you can switch the phono stage off, I have tried in aux and I'm now getting sound, it's fine but sounded better in my old amp ( arcam 75) . Is this gapping because the planer 1 plus has a built in amp?
Thanks again colin

Colinbarnes

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
Thanks Roger, I've played phono into the “ STB” port and it's working... I'm looking at upgrading my turntable in the not-so-distant future , so I think I can use the phono stage then. Many thanks for your help
Colin

Reactions: Al ears
Thanks Roger, I've played phono into the “ STB” port and it's working... I'm looking at upgrading my turntable in the not-so-distant future , so I think I can use the phono stage then. Many thanks for your help
Colin
Glad others chipped in and you’re all sorted now. Indeed, your amplifier will handle any MM cartridge you’re likely to choose.

Reactions: Colinbarnes

Gray

... I'm looking at upgrading my turntable in the not-so-distant future
Fair enough.
But if I owned the P1+ I wouldn't want that limitation preventing me from connecting its cartridge direct to the Arcam phono input - to see what it's like - and possibly avoid the need for a TT upgrade.

It would be a relatively easy DIY job for someone to modify the P1+ to bypass it's phono preamp.
You could then leave it unpowered and connect the cartridge direct to Arcam phono preamp....as with a 'normal' TT.

...I will send you a PM.
Look out for the envelope icon alert (top right when you're logged in).

Last edited:
Reactions: Colinbarnes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts