Arcam irDAC + Arcam FMJ 19A

Audio

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just picked up a Arcam irDAC and Arcam A19 integrated amp to go with it. I have read that I can power the irDAC through the A19 integrated amp and it will improve sound quality. I am new to this and have no idea how to do it. I know it has to do with the 3.5mm jack, but not sure how to power the irDAC through it.

Can someone tell me how to do it in kindergarten terms? Thanks in advance.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for not answering your question but I was wondering how do you like it?

I was considering buying the same kit for my Sonos Connect but boggit said that when he tried it he didn't notice much difference between having irDAC or feeding signal directly to Amp, this is the post. He picked CA Stream Magic 6v2 instead. Let me know what's your thought on irDAC.

Thanks

mikedemunck

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I have the same a19/irdac combo and its great! I was wondering the same thing about powering the irdac with the A19, so i mailed Arcam. They told me it is only possible to power the r-series of products with the power-out on the arcam. The output on the arcam is 5v and the irdac needs 12v, so that won't work. Also, the A19 accesory cable won't fit into the irdac...

To remedy this, I bought the squeeze upgrade for the irdac, which is great!

Hi there, the way to use or set up the ir dac is plug you're source, eg cd player, I pod or smartphone etc into either the digital inputs,( coaxial, fibre optic) or USB. Then take a pair of rca connectors of decent quality and attach to the appropriate input on the amp, select the input that you are going to use on the ir dac and your ready to go. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts