Arcam CD82 as a dac

charlesrichardson

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The transport in my Arcam cd82 has seemingly begun to fail, a cd stops playing after about 20 minutes. I don't think it is worth getting repaired but I wonder if I can use it as a DAC only with a Cambridge Audio CXC as transport. If I could how would I make any connection.

Thanks for any suggestions.

insider9

Used to have a CD72 but from memory it only had a digital out. I'm sure it's also the case with any older CD player including yours. Digital inputs on CD players haven't been around for that long.

That means unless you can do some serious DIY a repair or replacement would be more beneficial.

The cd player can be used as a transport but not a stand alone dac..I'm afraid it's a new cd player or repair..I had a cd 82 previously and it's a cracking player...maybe you could find one on the bay for spares or repair and make a fully working unit between the two.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
This days it's better to buy a good DAC or media player with inner DAC and a CD transport (the CXC is great by the way) than you have the option to maintain your CDs collection and to hear looseless files as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts