Arcam CD73 - what amp should I choose?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have an Arcam CD73 player which I think is great. I also recently bought a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers which I also am pleased with. Now I need to replace an ageing Philips amp. I woud have gone for an Arcam amp, but seem to read many rather poor reviews. Has anyone any suggestions what I should choose?

Ribbleman.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I would suggest auditioning a Rotel RA04 (there is an updated version about to be released) or the RA-1520 depending on budget.

The Rotel's dynamic and detailed sound matches well the the slight warmth of the Arcam - IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have a CD73 with a Roksan Kandy amp and I'm very happy with the sound. Although I think a speaker upgrade will send it to new levels. The 73 is a great CDP and I don't think its outclassed by the more expensive amp.

Cheers

Jay

Ribbleman:

Hi, I have an Arcam CD73 player which I think is great. I also recently bought a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers which I also am pleased with. Now I need to replace an ageing Philips amp. I woud have gone for an Arcam amp, but seem to read many rather poor reviews. Has anyone any suggestions what I should choose?

Ribbleman.

Yep, the Roksan Kandy LIII will drive the speakers with aplomb, and nicely suited to the CD73T.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts