Arcam AVR300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
MY Arcam AVR300 keeps turning its self off for no apparent reason, with increasing frequency, at various times. There is plenty of air circulating,its not hot. The red standby/power light illuminates, having presumably triggered some form of safety cut off switch. To date Arcam UK have ignored my e mails requesting help. Any ideas please?

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
I have had two periods where this happened with my AVR300. On both occasions over a week the AVR switched off for no obvious reason, and restarted normally when I switched off and on again. After the first period the amp worked without any problems for two years. The last period was about 3 weeks ago, and for the last two weeks it has been fine.

The only thing that I have noticed is that it seemed to only happen when it was using the audio signal from a Humax FreeSat box and when the room was warmer than usual. Still, the base of the unit was cold, suggesting that the cooling fan was working, and the top was warm, but not unusually so. Certainly a cut-out of some sort - possibly being over sensitive for some reason. The amplifier was not on for long periods or overworked.

I hope yours starts behaving again as mine did. Let me know how you get on.

Andrew

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I had a similar problem with an AVR350 (long time ago). It was a known fault and fixed under warranty.

Arcam's service devision are very helpful, but you will probably have more success by giving them a ring. I suspect they will be aware of the fault.

Cno

A

Anonymous

Strangley enough since posting this request for help, Arcam have responded today. They can repair the problem if I send it back to them. £250 all in. Will let you know how I get on.

Mark Jackson

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I have had a Arcam AVR 300 since new as part of a full AV set up purchased and set up professionally by the retailer,who were excellent!(Sevenoaks Sheffield).

1: The units DSP seems to have failed, and I have had to connect the unit with good quality analogue connections

to enable me to listen in surround sound although the quality is inferior!

2: The unit is now sporadically turning itself of with ever increasing regularity, and getting it to turn back on is very

difficult. The unit goes through varying stages of the initialising process and sometimes leaves multiple source

lights on. I have tried using the main on/off button on the front of the unit and also via the remote all with the

same results until eventually the unit stays on. I have been on many AV forum sites & it seems that these

problems are a known fault with other owners of Arcam products.

3: Some AV sites suggest that unit is susceptible to airborne RF interference causing the switching off problem,

I am sceptical of this suggestion,please advise.

I have sent an email to Arcam today to try and get some form of resolve,repair and goodwill to what has been up to press been an excellent product.I would appreciate any feedback from other users of this product and their experience of Arcams responces/resolves.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts