Arcam and ATC advice needed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Happy with the a38
If you dont get on with the atcs and decide on the 21s contact me ill buy ya 11s lol.

But deep down once you have more power i think youll really love your 11s again.

Ps if you look on ebay you might see some good deals second hand and also on leema amps

Thanks Avdrewjvt,

Yes I think the only way I'll know for sure is to try it.
I should be able to pick up a power add on cheaply enough. My local dealer might even have a s/h one at a good price.
On another note there's a dealer near me who stocks
Hegel. Might be worth while bringing the 11s in to him, see how they get on with the H80's 75wpc. For curiousity if nothing else.

I'll certainly let you know if I decide to sell the 11s on☺

Thanks!

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The only thing I can suggest is to either phone around Arcam high street dealers and see if you can blag a P38 from them to test. If you explain your dilemma I'm pretty sure they'll be forthcoming.

Or keep looking on one of the auction sites. One will appear sooner or later, and if they are an online dealer they usually have a returns policy... just in case it doesn't meet your expectations. 

Thanks PP,

I'll get on to my local Arcam dealer and see if he has anything that'll suit.
He has a treasure trove of s/h and trade in gear upstairs so there's a good chance he'll have something suitable.

Looks like I'll just have to try it and see how I get on.
I'll definitely report back at some stage and let you all know the results.
Thanks for all the help!

Ps. Speaking of other speakers, have you ever had the opportunity to hear anything from JMR?
The same dealer has an ex demo pair of Bliss Silvers for practically half price. Great deal. I wonder would they be a sound match with Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts