Arcam a85 cd 92 totem rainmaker speakers thunder sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello ,I have a arcam set up with totem speakers.With the recent less than stellar reviews with regards to the new FMJ A38 as well as the replaced A90, how does it match up with the A85? Has what hifi now lump them into the same boat? As I recall the A85 at the time had rave reviews. I'm also thinking of upgrading to a Naim cd2x, nac 122x-because it has asub output-nap200amp or a Cyrus 8 system.Is the cd2x a bit over the top for my Rainmaker speakers and will naim amps accept banana plugs? Sorry for the loaded questions. ukadvocate.

A

Anonymous

I'm friendly too. So any advice with the subject in question?

A

Anonymous

Ok...

-Naim's take banana.
-No, not over the top. The Rainmakers stand up to scrutiny very well. That said; you'd be swapping out the Rainmakers as your next upgrade. Totem Model 1 Sigs or Neat Motive 1's would be my suggestions.
-IMO Cyrus doesn't gel as well with the Totems as Naim.

I'd say get the Naim, you'll be smiling for years. The Rainmakers will do just fine but eventually a speaker upgrade will really open things up.

A

Anonymous

Hi, appreciate your input Ray.Thanks.By the sounds of it the naims look very appealing.I'll probably have to wait until the new year to make a purchase (unless I win the lottery!) Signature 1's would be my choice for a speaker up grade.Have the t4s stands which I guess are equal to the parlington heavies.Very nice stands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts