Arcam A65 & CD72 Questions!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons i was thinking of a rDac was also possible streaming music at a later date. I think maybe i would be best to get my power amp and upgrade my speakers first before i think about getting the rDac. You mentioned about cables earlier, i currently have a Monster interconnect that i would be using. Would i be best to get banna plugs for the new speaker cable i'm going to be buying?

Gareth82 said:
One of the reasons i was thinking of a rDac was also possible streaming music at a later date. I think maybe i would be best to get my power amp and upgrade my speakers first before i think about getting the rDac. You mentioned about cables earlier, i currently have a Monster interconnect that i would be using. Would i be best to get banna plugs for the new speaker cable i'm going to be buying?

I've always (with every amp over the past 30 years) used just bare wires... would advise against bi-wiring, too, with Arcam stuff.

Single and bare wires give the best results. Go Chord SilverScreen speaker cables and Cobra interconnects and you'll be happy for years. Avoid QED cables as they tend to be bass light.

I would give yourself two to three weeks with the A65 and 72, just so you familiarise yourself with the sound and set-up. From there, speakers, power amp and cables (optional).

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply plastic peguin. I guess if i get a power amp for a good price i can see what it sounds like and sell it on if i don't like it. Thanks for all of your help and sorry about all of the questions, it's abit harder decideing on what to buy when your buying second hand and can't audition anything.

Gareth82 said:
Thanks for the reply plastic peguin. I guess if i get a power amp for a good price i can see what it sounds like and sell it on if i don't like it. Thanks for all of your help and sorry about all of the questions, it's abit harder decideing on what to buy when your buying second hand and can't audition anything.

Yup, just play it by ear (literally), and experiement if the need arises. Most importantly... Enjoy it!

Keep us updated.

Good luck, pp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts