Arcam A39. Mmmm...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Well,I've got loads of boxes anyways so I wouldn't be too fussed about that,I'd just replace my xs with a decent pre amp (probably naim).but I think that could be my next move......in a few years though.Although I'd be a bit worried that the pmc's would make mincemeat out of some of my not so better recordings.they might just be a bit too transparent for home duties.

Also, with actives there doesn't seem to have 'pride of ownership' unlike a conventional set-up.

My dream set-up without a Lotto win would be the following:

Either Luxman L-505UX or Accuphase E350 with Wilson Benesh Arc speakers, subject to successful auditions.

WB speakers need careful partnering but I have actually heard this combo - it's to die for. Whether I could make it work in my small/medium living room is another question altogether.

Nothing will happen for at least 18 months.

Meanwhile, back to the Arcam.

price you'd be looking at for a new A39 is what a new 505uX costs here. If we're in fantasyland at least take the step to to 507uX. It's the sweet spot in the range, although I liked the 507u a bit better. Just seemed meatier and more commanding.

TRENDING THREADS