Arcam a38 or a19 on kef r300

renokki

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Wich one of the two is sounding better on kef r300 or should I try to get a Hegel h80? :dance:

No real dealers in town! So please youre opinion 8)

T

the record spot

I'd go for the 38 if it was the two. But I'd also do a stack of reading up beforehand. Reviews and owners opinions too. The better the amp the better the deal for the speaker.

No, no, no, no... the A18 is/was a very capable machine. If partnered with the wrong speakers it could be deemed as dull by some naysayers. I've heard it with PMC DB1i, Usher S520 a pair of Linn speakers and it sounded fine to me. Likewise, it would sound great with MA and Focal speakers. I doubt the A19 is a lot different, although can't say for sure.

If it were my money with Kef R300, I would be looking at A38. Failing that Leema Pulse or any amp that has energy and punch.

T

the record spot

renokki said:
To get a big soundstage arcam A38 is best?

Do some reading up too. Check out reviews, check out what other owners say - the web is a great tool for this. Nothing like the experience of others to help you out. Don't just take our word for it!

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have not listened to the A38. But some people posted that the previous A18 tended to produce a dull sound in comparison with the A19. And the WHF review of the A38 seems to be a bit on that direction.

Would you say the A38 is more similar to the A18 or the A19? Or maybe a different sound altogether? Thanks!

renokki

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
At ultra-audio.com; The Arcam FMJ A38 provided some of the best stereo sound I have experienced with my system -- it is an outstanding integrated amplifier. It’s solidly built, its operation during the review period was straightforward and without fault, and, most important, it sounded simply fantastic. No matter what I listened to, the A38 always impressed me, never making a misstep throughout the entire review process. Taking into account all that the FMJ A38 offers, and its surprisingly affordable price of $2299, it’s a bargain.

TRENDING THREADS