Arcam a38 integrated amp, which speakers will match?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bartez

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Just to update. I have changed from arcam amp to Quad Elite amp + Quad Elite preamp.

The reason for that was that after a while arcam a38 + B&W cm8 started to sound to bright for me. To many high frequencies.

Now with Quad it is really good. No pain in the ears, just pure music.

So I really recommend this combination Quad elite + B&W CM8. (Many thanks to q21.pl for that QUAD recommendation)

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
wow - rarely do arcam get a vote for being too bright ;)

The arcam CD37 is excellent - have one paired with the A32 and it was a nice improvement on the CD36 - i dont think you would be dissappointed by the A38 and CD37 combination - i heard them on demo and prefered to a Naim CD5XS but they are both great players.

Bartez

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It was to bright with B&W CM8. Yes, it was very detailed and with space but for me to bright. Perhaps I'm to sensitive for high freq.

Bartez

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess it is a typical small living room (20m^2) with skin furniture, wood furniture, shelfs with books, TV, carpets on the floor.

More less on each and every wall there is something, so in my opinion it is not that bad.

Speakers are 40 cm away from wall.

Bartez

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you but this case is closed I would say. I'm happy with Quad Elite + B&W CM8.

By the way, I'm from Poland and I like british hi-fi :) even if Quad is not british any more ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts