Arcam A32 AUX/Phono input problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, 

I have just plugged an apple tv into the AUX input of my A32, the sound has no top end/a bit muffled. Do I need to take out the phono board to use the AUX input ? I have googled it and found this :-

"the A32 has all the necessary inputs -- CD, tuner, A/V, DVD, VCR, tape -- and it even has an MM/MC phono stage. The phono stage is the same as the one in the A85, but it is a $150 option there and costs you nothing here. If you don’t have use for the phono stage you can physically remove the board and use the input for a line-level source. The menu options even lets you rename the input from Phono to Aux for the display (don’t be fooled, though, into thinking simply renaming it will enable it or disable it -- you must actually install or remove the board inside). "

Is this correct ?  The manual is not clear on this.

A

Anonymous

Yes you would need to remove the phono board to activate the AUX line input and have it work properly. Why not just use another input instead?

John Dawson (Arcam)

A

Anonymous

Thanks John,

ÿ

I have used the av input , just wanted to check whether the AUX input was usable with the phono stage in place.

ÿ

cheersÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts