simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Is ARC still the best way to get sound from your tv to the reciever ? i may be upgrading soon or not i am thinking about it though and do i need a special arc enabled HDMI lead and will it do 4K, the reason for all these questions is i may upgrade this year and all my current set up is from 2008.

Paul.

Audio return will pass everything from the TV down to your reciever, yes. It will pass HD audio unlike optical. I personaly don't use the TVs tuners and all my sources are plugged in to the receiver so ARC is redundant for me. It also bugged me that on my Samsung with ARC use HDMI CEC must be enabled, and if its enabled I can't get rid of the on screen graphics when I tweak the volume on the amp *dash1*

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Okay thanks paul, thats great.

I'm desperately trying to talk myself out of getting a new tv but i'm suffering from upgrade-itus, it's my birthday in september so who knows what will happen. *dance4*

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Okay thanks paul, thats great.

I'm desperately trying to talk myself out of getting a new tv but i'm suffering from upgrade-itus, it's my birthday in september so who knows what will happen. *dance4*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts