ARC control question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I currently have a Panasonic EX98V running to Yamaha 671 AV amp then to a Toshiba HD ready tv (non ARC). If I buy a Panasonic BDT310 3D blu ray player and a Panasonic 3D ARC compliant tv, can I run the blu ray player straight to the tv and the HDMI cable, which is also ARC compliant, will sort out the sound to the AV amp or am I missing something? I still want to keep the EX98V hooked up for recording.

Many thanks.

SD1.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's unlikely you'll get full HD audio from blu-ray doing it that way (or it might not be, I've no idea). Is there anything stopping you from connecting the blu-ray player to the amp in the usual fashion?

A

Anonymous

I thought I would have done due to the HDMI leads being HD audio compliant. Technically there isn't anything stopping me but the four assigned buttons are already assigned. A bit petty I know but just trying to make things easier.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Trouble is the tv may inform the bdp that it can't handle HD audio so the bdp won't provide it. Regardless of of how the inputs are assigned it will be much easier if everything is plugged into the amp.

A

Anonymous

Ah I see! To be honest, I wasn't really fussed about the HD audio, just after a digital connection but will see what I can sort out. Many thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts