Apple Universal Dock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently bought an Apple Universal Dock to connect my iPod Touch to my home cinema amp and also to keep the iPod charged via an Apple mains lead. It appears that the dock won't charge via the mains. I can only get the thing to charge my iPod via a USB connection. Am I missing something? If not, does anyone know a dock which I can use to connect my iPod Touch to my amp AND simultaneously keep it charged via a mains lead

keneddy

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Just bought Onkyo DS A2 and connected it to my Denon AV amp and it sounds excellent. It plays at much higher volume than headphone jack connection and much "richer". It also charges the ipod and has remote control. Hint- Currys are stopping selling it so ring round and get the end of line. I just saved £30 on the last one at Blackpool!

Juzzie Wuzzie

Andy - does your Onkyo dock allow you to play video through the amp? Or just audio? Reason I ask is that Onkyo have a disclaimer on their docks for iPods from June 2007 onwards and just know that Murphy's law would apply to me if I went out and purchased one!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Haven't tried video I'm afraid, only audio. There's an S-Video out on the dock to play video through the TV, but again, don't know if it works with the Touch. Will have to investigate.

A

Anonymous

Bought the Onkyo DS-A1X dock which has video out instead of S-video. It's about £20 cheaper. Does exactly what I wanted but had no luck getting video to work or the the RI connection which is supposed to enable my receiver's remote control my iPod Touch, this depite the receiver also being an Onkyo. Could be down to my technical ineptitude but I'm not concerned as I wasn't intending to use the iPod for video .

TRENDING THREADS