Apple TV

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi all I am looking at the Apple TV wifi version. I would like too know is worth it ? what diffrence will i notice on my Samsung QLED tv?
like to know your experience of it
Picture ,sound and so on.

Thanks.

abacus

Plenty of reviews online, however I believe all the apps on Apple TV are available on your Samsung TV so seems rather unnecessary. (The exception would be if you are connecting to an external AV system where you may get a bit better sound)

Bill

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi Bill thank you for you reply much appreciated ! Yes thats what i was thinking about the apps are all on the tv but would the picture be better via the Apple streamer than the Samsung TV streamer.
The TV is connected Via a toshlink to my Marantz PM 6005 and Wharfedale 12.3 Speakers.It does sound very good already this is my dilema .Ive read the reviews thats what got me thinking about it and all my other hardware is Apple .

Thank you Bill.

daveh75

Yes thats what i was thinking about the apps are all on the tv but would the picture be better via the Apple streamer than the Samsung TV streamer.

No.

It would be a pointless extra box... unless there's particular services missing from the Samsung platform, that are available on the ATV you're interested in, or apps stop supporting Samsung's platform/HW over time.

Reactions: doifeellucky

abacus

Its big problem (For you) is that the latest ones do not have a Toslink output so you will need to plug it into the TV , which will negate any advantages it may give.
The beauty is that it would integrate seamlessly with your Apple products.

Bill

Despite having a TV that can run the apps I use, and Bluray player that does a couple too, I’m very happy with my Apple 4K TV box (128gb version). I’ve found TVs can be lacking enough memory to run apps smoothly, and my previous TV would run quite slow and usually end up crashing if you looked around the app too much. I use Prime, Netflix, Shudder, Arrow, Apple TV, Disney+, and sometimes Mubi. Main issue is the quality of some films on the services - modern stuff looks good (as it usually does), but older films can look quite ropey because of the older masters they use.

Reactions: jjbomber and hifi

RayP

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I’m probably going to buy the AppleTV box but for different reasons. It allows you access to a large film library many in 4K with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Prices average around £8. Far less than the £15-£30 for physical media. And no storage problems if that’s an issue.

I’ll still buy physical disks for the best films but for many others the Apple box is a decent alternative. You don’t need an Apple subscription to their TV service either.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Sorry to say isee nothing great about Apple at all Amazon Netflix then maybe Disney after that Its a crowded market they all cannot make a profit Now the writers and actors strikes are going to hit Hollywood big time . Watch for the take overs this year. They cannot all make a profit

bloostoo

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi all I am looking at the Apple TV wifi version. I would like too know is worth it ? what diffrence will i notice on my Samsung QLED tv?
like to know your experience of it
Picture ,sound and so on.

Thanks.
I have it, why when my Samsung TV comes with most apps I want? The smoothness of the UI. The Samsung apps are noticably less fluid, at times laggy and not very snappy in terms of responsiveness. Everything on my AppleTV is smooth and fast. It's a premium, but some may think it's worth it.

TRENDING THREADS