Apple tv v dedicated blu ray player

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good afternoon, I bought this months issue to read the reviews of the dedicated blu ray players but I read that apple are bring 1080 to Apple tv. To be honest I would like the Apple solution but will the new picture quality be equal to a dedicated blu ray player? Will Apple on have certain films in 1080 and how much would they cost?

Paul.

The bit rate will be signinficantly lower streamed than it will be on Bluray. For instance, Hugo is listed on the store as 4.84GB in 1080p, wheras it will be in the region of 40GB on a Bluray.

The ATV3 is aparently capped at h.264 High level 4.0, so it can manage 25,000 kbps. Bluray maxes out at around 48,000 kbps.

couto27

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
for best quality in movies no doubt blu ray with dts master audio and a proper av receiver and 5.1 speakers

in second place comes atv with movies in 1080p /720p with dolby digital with a proper receiver and 5.1 sepakers

all the rest is times and money waster.

Juzzie Wuzzie

My BRP gathers dust, and I'm a big fan of the ATV1 I currently own (soon to upgrade to ATV3). All because of the convenience factor. BR are physical - meaning I need to either have a Lovefilm subcription (which I did for a while, but never used it as) or buy BRs - which involves a trip to Oxford Street (or the like) which I hate, or planning ahead to purchase off the internet. So convenience over outright quality wins for me. That said, I do sometimes buy BR/DVD discs, but usually of shows I can't get on ATV - such as Spiral (Engrenages).

If money allows, get both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts