Apple TV Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am purchasing an Apple TV from America (hopefully). A friend of mine is there at the moment. I know that using it in the UK with my UK itunes account will present no problems at all.

I want to know where to firstly get high quality album covers from? My lossless rips, just arent detected by iTunes when I ask it to get the album art work. So I have to download the pictures myself.

Also regarding audio playback. I know the HDMI will stream both Audio & Video. But I also want to use the Optical Cable to go into my (soon to be) DAC. Does it output multiple audio signals?

My final question is whether its possible to stream anything from the connect PC to the Apple TV device to watch on your TV? Can you view your desktop from your TV, and view & watch Windows Media Player files etc?

Thx

Messiah

JD is your man for this really but...

As far as the album art is concerned (not sure why it is not picking it up - is that all the time??) I just do an image search on Google and get the highest quality file available and use that

As for the streaming, I beleive that without a Mod, it only streams stuff from iTunes.

A

Anonymous

Thx John - just another qu about the 24 bit songs. You mentioned in the other thread that your system cannot play back the desired bit rate currently - is that because of the Apple TV device or something else? Thx

John Duncan

Yep - Airport Express and Apple TV both downsample to 16-bit. Which is not a problem if all your material's 16-bit, of course, but may limit its usefulness to you as a high-def source.

This is music, btw, can't speak for movie soundtracks or anything like that.

A

Anonymous

Ok thx JD - I am hopefully getting the Apple TV - didnt realise that the sound would be downsampled. Not a major problem, just wanted to hear what 24bit sounded like I guess.

A

Anonymous

JD - can you use Airfoil with an Apple TV device to stream any sound content to the unit? Thx

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
It will only stream, or sync with iTunes - so only the files that iTunes works with will play through the Apple TV - so no Windows Media files I'm afraid, unles you can convert them into something Apple freindly.

Great peice of kit though!

A

Anonymous

Just did some research. Thought I would share my findings with others incase it may prove to be helpful to others.

Airfoil 3.1 allows you to stream any audio source from your PC to Apple TV as well as the already compatible Airport Express.

Good times

A

Anonymous

Np JD - your always helping too many people thats why
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS